[nSLUG] A summertime NSLUG/HCC backyard social

Joel Maxwell jaymax at runbox.com
Wed Mar 3 20:20:53 AST 2021

Not particularly. I presume that would happen organically - this
wouldn't (necessarily) be a tech-talk style.

The most technical scenario would be gear set up on makeshift tables
and power breakouts with the respective display brightness cranked up
in lieu of shade - but even that can be too much for natural sunlight.

The "format" would be more like the coffeeshop outings, except
outdoors, ability to spread out over 100 square meters (or so), and
generally an excuse for a social event for those who lacked that for
many months.

I'd imagine there would be talk of projects that received attention due
to more time at home, reactions to computing paradigm shifts (e.g. the
work-from-home model), and bouts of justified paranoia. 😄️

--
Regards,
Joel Maxwell