[nSLUG] Best Linux SYSLOG server.

Rory rory at unixism.org
Fri May 22 13:04:47 ADT 2020

As usual, it depends :-)

rsyslog is the default in most distros and it is quite powerful. I've
used it as a central log server and also in scenarios where it 'fans
out' incoming logs to multiple downstream servers/collectors. There's a
bunch of functional and pattern matching features.

syslog-ng is also a swiss army knife, maybe even more than rsyslog but
I have, in the past, had problems with performance above 10,000
messages per second. YMMV