[nSLUG] Polycom vvx 150

Znoteer znoteer at mailbox.org
Fri Dec 18 10:54:31 AST 2020

Hi Will and all,

I'm a lurker currently from Montreal[1] so you've never seen me at a meeting
(though I have been hanging around with the <cough> crowd </cough> (there
have been from 1 to 3 other people online with me since I started signing in
to the channel) in #nslug on IRC.

I'm putting myself in dream mode .oO(Maybe after the NS gang has a go at the
lot there will be leftover and Will will be favourable to throwing a couple
in a box for Canada Post after having received adequate and verified
compensation...)

I run an Asterisk instance at home.  At the moment I'm using analog phones
with a Digium daughter card that has modules for two phones and one POTS
line.  (I never populated the 4th slot on the card.) It'd be fun to play
with some IP phones.

I am aware this is a bit far out and may sound a bit risky since you don't
know me, plus I realize there is considerable less appeal to finding a box,
packing the phones, addressing it properly and going and waiting in line at
Canada Post than to showing up to a meeting and letting everyone take what
they want, but like I said, I'm in dream mode, so I won't be offended if
this is impossible.  :)

Thanks,

--
Znoteer
znoteer at mailbox.org

"Twas the night before Christmas when all through the house...
"Znoteer was nestled all snug in his bed,
"While visions of Polycoms danced in his head..." :D

[1] My first LUG was VLUG in Victoria.  Then I moved to Vancouver and
started hanging out with VanLUG while staying subscribed to VLUG.  At some
point along the way after that something happened to LUGs and they started
disappearing.  As a perpetual noob always seeking help, this was alarming.
I started signing up to Canadian LUG mailing lists whenever I discovered a
new one :)

In 2017 I started to volunteer with the local committee organizing DebConf17
which was held in Montreal.  One of my tasks was reaching out to Canadian
Linux geeks, so I went searching and managed to discover a couple more LUGs
surviving still in Canada.

And, that, ladies and gentlemen, is the footnote about how I ended up
subscribed to your mailing list.