[nSLUG] We still need 3 votes? Re: Proposed Debian presentation & demo @ HCC Meeting

Frank Geitzler frank.geitzler at ns.sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 17 15:01:04 ADT 2019

Oliver, thank you for your kind offer.  I trust that Joel's email
(offline, to you) must have been favorable, although your response
caption ('Re: [nSLUG] Blasphemy! Dual-booting Linux with BSD') went only
to the nSLUG group, not to those in HCC who have not all been converted
YET!   I do preach the Linux gospel at every opportunity, though my
first introduction to it was a book from the Halifax Library which
contained (in an envelope attached to the inside of the back cover) a CD
from the publisher.  The book was titled 'Ubuntu for Non-Geeks'.

Please add my hearty YES, PLEASE!  I have been using Ubuntu for about
eight years now, but still have (only) one computer which dual boots
into Windows XP if I really insist.  That computer does not go anywhere
near the Internet, but has a single custom development package which I
need to run in native Windows -that package has too many fix packages
applied to it for me to put it in a Virtual Box.

Frank Geitzler