[nSLUG] How can I repair a damaged Virtual-Box package?

Frank Geitzler frank.geitzler at ns.sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 11 09:09:47 ADT 2019

Every few days I receive a pop-up message on my Ubuntu 16.04lts system,
informing me that I have received a crash in package
virtualbox-ext-pack.0.  I have reported this to Ubuntu, but of course
they do not respond.  I know that I can 'bypass' the nuisance of having
the pop-up occur every time I log on, by either deleting the crash
report, or moving it out of /var/crash; can anyone suggest how I should
repair the problem by removing/replacing the erring package?  The
following is how I moved the crash report today:

     sudo mv /var/crash/virtualbox-ext-pack.0.crash
~/Documents/Crash_Reports/virtualbox-ext-pack.0.crash_April_11_2019

Thanks,

Frank