[nSLUG] Tonight's social (April 1st)

Frank Geitzler frank.geitzler at ns.sympatico.ca
Wed Apr 3 22:56:38 ADT 2019

On 2019-04-02 5:30 p.m., Oliver Doepner wrote:
> Questions to the group (only answer what you feel comfortable with):
>
> 0) Where are you located?

0)    North Dartmouth -Albro Lake area, about 5 minutes drive from
either MacDonald bridge or McKay bridge.

> 1) Are you interested at all in having monthly meetings?
1) I am interested in having monthly meetings, either social or Technical.

> 2) What is your ideal expectation from those meetings?
>      (i.e. what kinds of activities would interest you)
2) At almost every meeting I  learn something new, or hear about
something interesting which prompts me to research it further.  At my
first nSLUG meeting I arrived with a new Win7 laptop computer, and was
aided in installing Ubuntu during the meeting.  Perhaps we should
publicize a meeting inviting those considering a new computer, or those
who might be interested in extending the life of an old one, to come and
see what Linux has to offer.

> 3) What about a more decentralized approach where regional groups of
> people meet at places that are not just in Halifax?
3) In Dartmouth, Sobeys on Wyse Road, the Alderney Drive or North
Dartmouth Library could all provide accessible facilities. Moreover,
each of those locations is serviced by Metro Transit, for those without
access to other transportation.
> 4) How about having (reasonably sized) meetings at somebody's home to
> cut costs and enable us to bing/have the drinks and snacks we like? I
> can imagine hosting a meeting every few months at my home in Halifax
> Fairview, for example.

4) Someone's home could be good, but I would feel uncomfortable not to
be able to reciprocate -we have a small house, with no area which would
be appropriate for a group.