[nSLUG] Tonight's social (April 1st)

Joel Maxuel j.maxuel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 08:15:30 ADT 2019

I have set up a Dudle to cover a part of these questions (remaining can be
added to the comments).

https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/nSLUG-2019/

This poll should still be able to operate in Lynx 2.8 (HTTPS is enforced,
but the functionality of the site has not changed since our last poll).
IMPORTANT NOTE: The comments section is separate from the poll (submit one
before working on the other to avoid loss of work).

For brevity (long poll as it is), I chose only a small handful of
off-peninsula/"Hal" locations (including "HRM Chebucto" for
Fairview/Clayton Park/areas-until-St-Margarets-Bay).  For the time blocks,
choose the half-hour segments (title represents the beginning of the time
frame), and last three options cover Q's 4 & (roughly) 3.

Since this list does get archived on Nabble, the Dudle may be a better
vehicle for some answers (that can be difficult to find after a few months
- is in Dudle "deletes" dormant polls) than to a list that is archived and
searchable.

A recap of the questions, as I would add one more:

0) Where are you located?

1) Are you interested at all in having monthly meetings?

2) What is your ideal expectation from those meetings?
    (i.e. what kinds of activities would interest you)

3) What about a more decentralized approach where regional groups of
people meet at places that are not just in Halifax?

4) How about having (reasonably sized) meetings at somebody's home to
cut costs and enable us to bring/have the drinks and snacks we like?

5) Any barriers you may face that can limit yourself (or someone you may
know) from attending?

--
Cheers,
Joel Maxuel