[nSLUG] Halifax ISPs

Joel Maxuel j.maxuel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 07:47:58 ADT 2018

IIRC CityWide support intake and sales (in essence their "call centre") is
just one person, at best two.  Also, 10 days ago there was an outage over
in Dartmouth (and Halifax later that day).
I called that day too (unsuspecting of the outage with a non-urgent
inquiry[*]), left a callback number instead of waiting in queue (I was at
position 50) and got a response/call back in three hours.

If the service is prone to problems CW would be a massive dealbreaker, but
in the four or so years I have been with them, my internet has been out
three times I believe (totaling less than eight hours, half that time I was
not even home to experience it) - if only Emera is that reliable.

[*] For those it may matter for, their website is misleading.  It says call
for business packages (was looking into what a static IP would cost me),
but none are available.

--
Cheers,
Joel Maxuel