[nSLUG] Halifax ISPs

Robin Murray nibor.yarrum at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 13:41:29 ADT 2018

I am looking for a very basic internet connection in Halifax. I've
googled a few lists but they are very useless and often turn out they
don't provide the service after they click-baited me onto their sites.

I was told by one that my area has "fibre only" so they couldn't
service me. I'm wondering if by "fibre only" it means that I'm tied to
Bell or Eastlink and paying $100/mo for a connection that I don't
need. I'm looking for a car, not a space shuttle.

Can anyone recommend a cheap service that provides, say, 2M download speeds?

--
Robin Murray
Halifax,