[nSLUG] adding spare disk to md RAID

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Thu Aug 26 18:27:26 ADT 2004

I'm pretty sure it's mdadm -a /dev/md1 /dev/hdg2 - I've done this before,
but it was a while ago. A bit of time spent googling found the answer, so
it *is* out there... somewhere :-)

That or it's time to dink about with a development raid array - it might
be mdadm -a /dev/md1 --spare-disks=2 /dev/hdg2 perhaps?

Cheers... Dop.