[nSLUG] HP 8100i CD writer: lost interrupt

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Thu Aug 26 06:00:36 ADT 2004

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, Ashley George wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Ever since I got a new motherboard a year ago, my HP 8100i CD writer
> has been unusable.  The CD writer causes the kernel to generate "lost
> interrupt" messages on boot and stalls the system for several minutes
> until the boot process continues.

I had this problem a few years ago on a Via board too, and I *think* I
fixed it by adding pci=noacpi to the kernel parameters. You might be able
to bodge it into working by disabling DMA on the drive and running it at
doublespeed or quadspeed. Don't expect to be able to multitask while
you're burning CDs, though.

Cheers... Dop.

!DSPAM:412da6bc194243120412016!