[nSLUG] US Homeland Security

Donald Teed dteed at artistic.ca
Wed Aug 18 16:39:25 ADT 2004

Your link isn't coming up for me.  Hmmm.

I think that was the same article mentioned in Slashdot a day ago.
The significance being that historically the discovery of
a decoding method has not been far behind a discovery like this.

Well, most of us have shadow files that are hidden from joe user.
That would help that end of things for awhile.  But would md5
crackability effect the web as well?

I still think the greatest weakness for "Homeland Security" is our
electricity.  The black out last year was a pure accident.  When Bush appeared
on TV, he looked more vulnerable than he did on 9/11.  I figured he
was given the what-ifs in terms of how a very simple terrorist event
coordinated with different regions, could black out
the entire USA.  There is no way they can guard every mile
of transmission lines.  Then there are idiots like McGuinty
(prem of Ontario) who suggested the grids need to be
more interconnected.  Duh!  Does a longer chain of dominos
stay up any better?

--Donald Teed