[nSLUG] My sshd has been discovered... ;-)

David Potter dlpotter at ns.sympatico.ca
Tue Aug 17 12:19:45 ADT 2004

DShield is certainly a step in the right direction. In each of my cases,
the Linux boxes sit behind a home/office router/firewall with only the
minimum ports/services exposed. Because I'm the only legitimate ssh user
I'll probably start using a non-standard port for remote admin.

---

I do think however, that allowing people to beat on machines without any
risk/fear of detection shifts the risk to us and consumes phenomenal
amounts of our time and energy - which could be put to more productive use.

Regards,

David Potter