[nSLUG] My sshd has been discovered... ;-)

Andrew Crawford andrew.crawford at morganstanley.com
Mon Aug 16 08:49:33 ADT 2004

Or...

Make them think they've hacked into one of these:
http://simh.trailing-edge.com/photos/pdp11_20.jpg !

Download a PDP-11 emulator for Linux
(http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/pdp11emu.html)

Download a UNIX v5 image (http://simh.trailing-edge.com/software.html)
(circa 1975)

Hook it up to inetd running on port 23 OR make an easy-to-guess username
password combo and have it run the emulator as their shell.

* Make sure to set it up to log everything so you can have a good laugh
afterwards (and share it with us!)

Seriously, I've done this in the past. One very confused cracker.

Cheers,

Andrew

This does not constitute official computer security advice from either Keane
Canada or Morgan Stanley (duh!)

--

Andrew Crawford - Keane Canada - (902) 442-4760

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does
not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.

!DSPAM:41209fd2195973140248371!