[nSLUG] Greetings, I just subscribed

Tim Goodaire tgoodaire at linux.ca
Thu Aug 12 17:47:49 ADT 2004

Hello Mike,

Glad that you could join us. Unfortunately, NSLUG doesn't have regular
meetings. Actually, we hardly ever get together. Perhaps we could
arrange a meet-up of some kind soon. A few of us hang out at #nslug at
irc.oftc.net. You should drop by and say hi some time.

A couple months ago, I set one of my Debian systems as an IMAP server,
pretty much the way that you're looking to do it. My email setup goes
like this:
fetchmail -> postfix ->clamav -> procmail -> spamassassin -> mailboxes

I run dovecot as my IMAP server. I don't believe that I had to do much
to set it up. It pretty much worked "out of the box". Actually, the
whole thing went pretty smoothly. I set it up by configuring fetchmail,
postfix, and procmail first. Once I had it working enough to sort my
mailing list emails into various mailboxes, I added the clamav and
spamassassin steps to the processs.

It's very convenient. I love being able to access my email from anywhere.

Let me know if you get stuck at any particular point, and I'll try and
help you out.

Tim