[nSLUG] Multi-port serial cards

bdavidso at supercity.ns.ca bdavidso at supercity.ns.ca
Sun Aug 8 16:49:16 ADT 2004

Hi:

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, I wrote:

> I have some old Comtrol Rocketport multi-port serial cards taking up space and
> gathering dust.  Mostly ISA, one PCI.  They are labeled as follows:
>
> 1 x 95500-9 / 95541-2 Quad/Octa (8 ports)
> 1 x 95500-9/95510-8 Octa/Quad  (8 ports)
> 2 x 94950-3 Rocket 32  (32 ports)
> 1 x 95900-7 PCI 32  (32 ports)
>
> All the cables and bits and bobs are lying around here too.

As it turns out, the 8-port units have their cables, but the 32-port units
do not.  They use external "bases" with the multiple ports (standard
25-pin D-shell connectors) which I have, but the cables that go from the
cards to the bases are missing (so far).  They have a standard 25-pin
connector on one end, and a slightly unusual 25-pin connector with 3 rows
of pins on the other.  I don't have the pin-out, but I'm sure it is
available.

Anyway, I just thought anyone interested should know.

--
Bill Davidson
bdavidso at supercity.ns.ca

!DSPAM:41168429126541963277427!