[nSLUG] doublespeed mouse with XFree86 on 2.6 kernel

Peter Cordes peter at llama.nslug.ns.ca
Tue Oct 28 17:09:57 AST 2003

 There's a slight gotcha when using 2.6 kernels with a PS/2 mouse.
Assuming you have a Secion "InputDevice" for /dev/psaux and /dev/input/mice
(both with either CorePointer or SendCoreEvents), your pointer will move at
double speed when running a 2.6 kernel compiled with /dev/input support for
PS/2 mice.  So either don't do that, or comment out the /dev/psaux device
from your ServerLayout section.

e.g.
# ps/2 device
#       InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
# /dev/input device
        InputDevice     "Generic Mouse"

 I also changed the Generic Mouse section to be CorePointer, not just option
SendCoreEvents.  I don't know if that was necessary or not.

 Anyway, just thought this might be useful.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y
Peter Cordes ;  e-mail: X(peter at cor , des.ca)