[nSLUG] Burning DVDs

Donald Teed dteed at artistic.ca
Fri Oct 24 23:44:46 ADT 2003

I have the earlier model, the 4020.  I decided to use it
with Windows in order to take advantage of the DVD-RAM
format, for which the driver would not be available in Linux.
I also recall seeing an FAQ posted somewhere, perhaps at
LG or at ncix.com, and they said Linux did not support the 4020.

DVD-RAM media is pretty funky - it has an interesting pattern of
dots on the writable media side.

I think the manual for this DVD drive is the worst English
as Second Language manual I've ever seen.  Assuming yours is
similar, you might want to leave yours in the washroom for
awhile as it is good light humor reading.  I don't have mine
handy right now, but I recall it had subheadings for
sections such "Realizing excellent operation of CD/DVD unit".

Mine has worked well enough under Windows, except sometimes in the
duty of ripping.  In those cases I replace the CD in my
TDK drive and it has no problem seeing the media.

--Donald Teed