[nSLUG] Offtopic Political SCO + RBC

M Taylor mctylr at privacy.nb.ca
Fri Oct 24 08:34:01 ADT 2003

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 11:40:13PM -0400, cls wrote:

> 	I realize this is slightly offtopic, it however in my opinion is
> very important to all of us. According to
> http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=03/10/22/1637224&mode=thread&tid=85
>  RBC (Royal Bank Canada) has made the bad decision of dumping money into
> SCO. I hope you will all join with me, should there be any Royal Bank
> users out there, by calling RBC Customer Relations Centre and filing your
> complaint aganist these actions.
>
>    Customer Relations Centre
>        RBC Financial Group
>
> 	Also, see the Royal Bank's "Resolving Your Complaint" section on
> their website found here: http://www.rbc.com/customercare/index.html

Sounds like a very poor idea. Harass the wrong people, and let the
people who made the decision go on unfazed.

You are suggesting trying to use RBC's customer complaints for lobbying
a publiclly traded company. While I certain do dislike the idea of RBC
investing in SCO, it doesn't affect banking customers, it should only
affect shareholders of RY (TSX) and those who invested based upon
recommendations of BayTrading or whatever.

If you are an investor of RY (TSX) then go to
<http://www.rbc.com/investorrelations/>, or find RY shareholders and
ask them to question RY's board on their choice of propping up a nearly
dead IT company whose only means of income is legal action (hint: expensive
business practice, no long term shareholder value, no weath creation).

Trying to take action the right way can be far more effective than
blinding annoying the wrong people. (And I figure there are enough
legitimate RBC customer complaints that the group is already slow to help)