[nSLUG] APL (was: On programming)

Peter Cordes peter at llama.nslug.ns.ca
Thu Oct 23 00:47:46 ADT 2003

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 06:50:31PM -0300, Jamie Fifield wrote:
> Besides, anyone going to university to learn is silly.  You go for,
> uh, other things.  (Granted, the mathematics can come in handy here
> for calculating optimal curves...)

 You have to learn how to learn at university (if you take physics, anyway),
not just learn the specific things that come up in class.  That's the
important thing.

> You can pick up the knowledge after in "the real world"

 Right.  Knowledge and learning/thinking skills are different things.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y
Peter Cordes ;  e-mail: X(peter at cor , des.ca)