[nSLUG] Re: C++ beginner references

Jeff Warnica jeffw at chebucto.ns.ca
Sun Oct 19 22:30:55 ADT 2003

On Sun, 2003-10-19 at 19:29, Peter Cordes wrote:
> > more OSs then vitrualy any other language. O'Rielly has both
> > introductory and advanced perl books targeted specificly at
> > bioinformatics:
> > http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/begperlbio/
>
>  Thanks!

If that gets you off, look at http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/mperlbio/
"Mastering...." and its example chapter "Introduction to Bioperl" (pdf),
and http://bioperl.org/

> > A general purpose language may not be best suited either; if your doing
> > stats stuff something like SAS, Matlab, or whatever may be best.
>
>  And GNU R is pretty compatible with S Plus.

Beh.. Whatever. My exposure to commercial stats targeted packages is
limited.. I know the difference beteween mean, median, and mode; but
beyond that I care not at all.