[nSLUG] Script to do LDAP search based on email address?

Donald Teed dteed at artistic.ca
Fri Oct 17 11:03:26 ADT 2003

I'm searching for a script that when given an email address
can return the username from an LDAP (Active Directory) server.

I've found scripts that do other things like retrieving records
based on knowing the name already, or creating a new one, but in
my case I'm not the LDAP admin, just a user, and I need to do
lookups based on knowing the domain and the email address.

Can anyone point me to a place that might have this?
Perl is the most likely candidate but I'd be willing to
use anything (other than VBscript/ASP).

--Donald Teed