[nSLUG] .ca registrars

Peter Cordes peter at llama.nslug.ns.ca
Thu Jun 12 23:45:48 ADT 2003

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 10:35:13PM -0300, Oliver Baltzer wrote:
> On 12-Jun-2003 22:10 -0300, Gerard MacNeil was heard to say:
> > On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 17:44, Peter Cordes wrote:
> > > eastlink changes my IP address, I need to get the NS record updated to point
> > > to my new IP.  (I want to run the DNS primary server on llama, my home
> >
> > That sound like DynDNS.org, up to 5 free, IIRC
> > Debian packages for a couple of applications, etc. etc.
>
> If you have Eastlink cable and you are not changing your MAC address,
> you will always keep the same IP address. Actually even if your MAC
> address changes, you keep the same IP address. I just had that 2 weeks
> ago and I called  the tech support to register my new MAC address and
> 30 minutes later, I was back online with my old IP address.

 I've kept notes on when my IP address has changed

ip changes:
stable for a year or so...
Feb 21, 2001 (?)
Mar 24, 2001 (24.222.91.87)
Apr 27, 2001 (24.222.42.64)
June 5, 2001 (24.222.162.51)
Dec 15, 2001 (24.222.156.67)

 Fortunately, they haven't been messing around with it recently, which is
why I'm not planning to go with DynDNS.org.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y
Peter Cordes ;  e-mail: X(peter at llama.nslug.n , s.ca)