[nSLUG] Up2date

Peter Cordes peter at llama.nslug.ns.ca
Sun Jun 8 14:23:19 ADT 2003

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 03:32:08PM -0300, peter wrote:
>  You might want to try aptitude, which I find is better than dselect.
> However, it doesn't do anything about having better categories.

 Actually, I'm mistaken on that.  I just fired up aptitude to try to sort
out a tangle of upgrades (due to the mix of stable and unstable on my
system, and an apt-get which would rather remove a ton of packages than
upgrade a stable package to an unstable version to keep dependencies
satisfied when an upgrade to another package starts depending on the
unstable version of something...).  Anyway, there are some packages in a
"gnome" section, and in a "kde" section, as well as the usual mail,
interpreters, web, etc.  There are libdevel, perl, and python sections as
well.  AFAIK this still only works for packages whose descriptions include a
new section, though, so if you're just using woody, those categories won't
have any packages (and so probably won't show up at all...)

--
#define X(x,y) x##y
Peter Cordes ;  e-mail: X(peter at llama.nslug.n , s.ca)