[nSLUG] mounting CDROM

Diane Derrick diane.derrick at ns.sympatico.ca
Tue Jun 3 21:29:32 ADT 2003

Ok.  The system is an old HP netserver 4/33 le.  It has one onboard SCSI
controller and one IDE controller.  The CDROM is the master on the IDE
controller by itself.  I have not changed anything in the cmos since the
install and I have tried the install cd as well as others.  Heres the dmesg
dump
Linux version 2.4.7-10 (bhcompile at stripples.devel.redhat.com) (gcc version
2.96 20000731 (Red Ha$
BIOS-provided physical RAM map:
 BIOS-88: 0000000000000000 - 000000000009f000 (usable)
 BIOS-88: 0000000000100000 - 00000000040ffc00 (usable)
On node 0 totalpages: 32768
zone(0): 4096 pages.
zone(1): 28672 pages.
zone(2): 0 pages.
Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=linux ro root=801
BOOT_FILE=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.7-10 mem=128M
Initializing CPU#0
Console: colour VGA+ 80x25
Calibrating delay loop... 33.17 BogoMIPS
Memory: 125136k/131072k available (1280k kernel code, 4648k reserved, 90k
data, 216k init, 0k hi$
Checking if this processor honours the WP bit even in supervisor mode... Ok.
Dentry-cache hash table entries: 16384 (order: 5, 131072 bytes)
Inode-cache hash table entries: 8192 (order: 4, 65536 bytes)
Mount-cache hash table entries: 2048 (order: 2, 16384 bytes)
Buffer-cache hash table entries: 8192 (order: 3, 32768 bytes)
Page-cache hash table entries: 32768 (order: 6, 262144 bytes)
CPU: Before vendor init, caps: 00000003 00000000 00000000, vendor = 0
CPU: After vendor init, caps: 00000003 00000000 00000000 00000000
CPU:     After generic, caps: 00000003 00000000 00000000 00000000
CPU:             Common caps: 00000003 00000000 00000000 00000000
CPU: Intel 486 DX/2 stepping 05
Checking 'hlt' instruction... OK.
Checking for popad bug... OK.
POSIX conformance testing by UNIFIX
mtrr: v1.40 (20010327) Richard Gooch (rgooch at atnf.csiro.au)
mtrr: detected mtrr type: none
PCI: No PCI bus detected
isapnp: Scanning for PnP cards...
isapnp: No Plug & Play device found
Linux NET4.0 for Linux 2.4
Based upon Swansea University Computer Society NET3.039
Initializing RT netlink socket
apm: BIOS not found.
Starting kswapd v1.8
VFS: Diskquotas version dquot_6.5.0 initialized
pty: 512 Unix98 ptys configured
Serial driver version 5.05c (2001-07-08) with MANY_PORTS MULTIPORT SHARE_IRQ
SERIAL_PCI ISAPNP e$
ttyS00 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
Real Time Clock Driver v1.10d
block: queued sectors max/low 83056kB/27685kB, 256 slots per queue
RAMDISK driver initialized: 16 RAM disks of 4096K size 1024 blocksize
Uniform Multi-Platform E-IDE driver Revision: 6.31
ide: Assuming 50MHz PCI bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx
hda: CD-ROM CDU76E, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
ide0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6 on irq 14
ide-floppy driver 0.97
Floppy drive(s): fd0 is 1.44M
FDC 0 is a National Semiconductor PC87306
ide-floppy driver 0.97
md: md driver 0.90.0 MAX_MD_DEVS=256, MD_SB_DISKS=27
md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
md: autorun ...
md: ... autorun DONE.
NET4: Linux TCP/IP 1.0 for NET4.0
IP Protocols: ICMP, UDP, TCP, IGMP
IP: routing cache hash table of 1024 buckets, 8Kbytes
Linux IP multicast router 0.06 plus PIM-SM
NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0/SMP for Linux NET4.0.
Freeing initrd memory: 403k freed
VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00
aha152x: BIOS test: passed, detected 1 controller(s)
aha152x: resetting bus...
aha152x0: vital data: rev=1, io=0x340 (0x340/0x340), irq=11, scsiid=7,
reconnect=enabled, parity$
aha152x0: trying software interrupt, ok.
scsi0 : Adaptec 152x SCSI driver; $Revision: 2.4 $
  Vendor: HP        Model: 2.13GB A 50-300U  Rev: VCOD
Attached scsi disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
Partition check:
 sda: sda1 sda2
Journalled Block Device driver loaded
kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds
Freeing unused kernel memory: 216k freed
Adding Swap: 136184k swap-space (priority -1)
EXT3 FS 2.4-0.9.8, 25 Aug 2001 on sd(8,1), internal journal

Hope this helps.