[nSLUG] Access to private network from outside

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Thu Jul 31 08:57:18 ADT 2003

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Vikram wrote:

> I have a home network of 2 Windows boxes that are behind a Masquerading
> "redhat linux" server; the server is on Eastlink HSPI.

Depends on which version of Windows you're running, but if you can use
terminal services, rdesktop is your friend. Configure xinetd or a similar
port relayer on the redhat box to relay connections from the outside world
to your internal network (xinetd has the nice feature of letting you set
allowed IP addresses to connect, throughput, rate limiting, etc). I use
this all the time to manage a couple of win2k servers that are behind
firewalls.

Cheers... Dop.