[nSLUG] damn ram

kwhittin at Fizz.Phys.Dal.Ca kwhittin at Fizz.Phys.Dal.Ca
Thu Jul 24 16:24:52 ADT 2003

  Hi there,

          I was wondering if anyone could help with a small memory
allocation problem I seem to be having with a 2 Ghz, 1 Gb RAM 120 Gb drive
linux tower (redhat 9.0).  Many of my simple applications have been
crashing frequently.  When I invoke the free command, it outputs that I
have (at the moment) 63 Mb free...which sounds a little sketchy since
nothing is running in the background.  However, when I open gkrellm, I'm
told that about 800 Mb are free.  Who to believe?  Could this be the
result of faulty RAM??

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Whittingstall