[nSLUG] Knoppix or Super Rescue disk?

Donald Teed dteed at artistic.ca
Thu Jul 10 16:44:24 ADT 2003

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Dop Ganger wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Donald Teed wrote:
>
> > I'm looking for a bootable CDROM project that I can
> > tweak, add my own scripts and master again, to provide
> > disk maintenance (like ghost for Unix - g4u).
>
> I'm not sure if it's quite what you're looking for, but systemimager
> (http://www.systemimager.org) has worked really well for me for imaging,
> in a ghost-esque fashion.

Yes, this is a finely tuned type of product I was looking for.
The only drawback is that they seem to be set to work with Linux
systems only and wouldn't handle a dual booting disk image with Win XP.

> Here's a list of the *nix rescue and general emergency CDs I carry round
> with me:
>
> Ghost4U
> Timo's RescueCD
> Biatchux (this might be worth a look at)
> EBCD
> Trinity
> RIP
> Knoppix
> SuperRescue
> RedHat 7.2 disk 1 & 2
> Debian BF2.4 netboot, Debian 3.0 Non-US (er, I don't know why I have them
> both either)

That is a very useful list of projects to check into.  Thanks very much.
As usual, you are exceedingly resourceful.

--Donald