[nSLUG] Aliant vs Eastlink

Rory rory at vudu.nb.ca
Tue Jul 1 19:02:17 ADT 2003

Aliant's service agreement is used to provide leverage against "abusers".  I
think the main problem is filesharing/P2P which tends to drive constant
traffic volumes and messes up revenue models and infrastructure costs.

In practice, you can remain connected for days at a time with no problem
that I've seen.  Also the PIX comments that Dop makes are true, but no
longer relavent to new users since the Mpowered service is being phased out
and isn't available to new subscribers.  With the new service (PPPoE)  the
public IP is assigned to your machine directly instead of through PIX.