[nSLUG] Re NICs

George White aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca
Thu May 30 09:11:33 ADT 2002

On Wed, 29 May 2002, Jim Haliburton wrote:

> I do use the on-board Intel nics on some motherboards.  I have 2 redhat 6.2
> server running and one W2k running with the on-board intel nics.  Stable.
> Reliable.  Not very cheap when they come on Intel motherboards.  Good 3
> year warranty from Intel on the boards though.

At work we have a number of people using Hummingbird Exceed (X-server) on
Win32 PC's supplied with assorted cheap NIC's.  These were constantly
falling over when doing intensive graphics over X, but after switching
to Intel nics have been as robust as Win32 gets.

--
George White <aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca> Halifax, Nova Scotia