[nSLUG] Loading Stuff on Startup

Miles Thompson milesthompson at ns.sympatico.ca
Thu May 23 12:12:23 ADT 2002

Bill,

A clear, terse article on System V Init, the scheme most distributions,
including Mandrake, use to start and stop applications can be found here:
http://www.penguinmagazine.com/Magazine/This_Issue/0018

Four pages when printed, contains no wasted words, but it doesn't omit
anything either. So read it carefully, it's about the most helpful
reference I've found.

Cheers - Miles