[nSLUG] computer compromised

Peter Cordes peter at llama.nslug.ns.ca
Thu May 2 22:42:45 ADT 2002

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 02:54:10PM -0400, Jeff White wrote:
> well even then you can try to recover from it, you'll learn a lot more than
> just reinstalling. i wouldnt put the "recovered" box in production though.

 Well, you can copy your config files from it to the new machine, but don't
copy any executables, since you can't read them to verify that they're ok.
Go through important config files carefully to make sure they don't leave
holes open.  (in this case, if you don't know what a config file is for, you
have to assume it's "important". Fortunatly, you probably didn't customize
it so sticking with the distro-default file wouldn't be a problem.)

--
#define X(x,y) x##y