[nSLUG] Broken PCI bus?

Matt Yanchyshyn matthewy at cs.dal.ca
Wed Nov 7 16:02:46 AST 2001

On November 7, 2001 03:15 pm, you wrote:
> would you mind to send us ifconfig msg before broken, after broken and
> pickup again msg ?
> I need some info about that ..
> Thanks

ifconfig will return nothing irregular -- just the old ip address, though new
dhcp calls won't work... and if I manually configure the eth device (with a
static ip, gateway, etc) then all outgoing/incoming connections still fail.
- From ping right on up...

Essentially, there are no error messages -- if there were, it'd be a whole
lot easier to debug, I guess.

cheers,
Matt