[nSLUG] Uncommon grounds

Richard Bonner ak621 at chebucto.ca
Thu Nov 17 07:54:45 AST 2022

On Wed, 16 Nov 2022, Clinton MacKinnon via nSLUG wrote:

> I've been out of the loop on the meetings at Uncommon Grounds for quite
> a number of years.
>
> Are they a still a thing?

***   We had not been meeting at UG for some years. Instead we we were
meeting (before Covid) at a Sobey's community room along with the Halifax
Computer Club. We found it better than a coffee shop as there is adequate
seating without interference from non-club customers, and there is a white
board. We also found it better to combine the two clubs meetings,
especially given that the HCC has a video projector.

    There is some interest in reviving these, but we'd have to have someone
volunteer to coordinate the meeting room schedule, and we also would
need to select the topics for discussion and/or presentation.

  Richard