[nSLUG] Tripwire

Znoteer znoteer at mailbox.org
Sat Aug 27 20:20:39 ADT 2022

On Sat, Aug 27, 2022 at 07:20:59PM -0300, HOG wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> What are your thoughts on using the above titled ‘security’ software on a home server.

Depends on your threat model, really.  I've used it at home on a box that was acting as my router/gw before things like openwrt/ddwrt were available. Can  be a bit fastidious to set up depending on how fine grained you need  to be, but doesn't take much effort to maintain and monitor once it's going. Certainly provides another useful layer to one's security measures.

This was all from years ago, mind you, so it might not be relevant anymore.

--
Znoteer
znoteer at mailbox.org