[nSLUG] Setting up a NAS

HOG westpennanthog at eastlink.ca
Mon Aug 15 00:08:38 ADT 2022

Herb,

I’m just rereading your post again; as I started working on this project in earnest today.  And thank you again for your reply.   In looking at the FreeNAS link once more, I see that it mentions being able to also provide a backup of your data;!which is what the 4TB drive in the same computer will do, hopefully.  I was planning to use Open Media Vault as I did not want a cloud based system linked to my machine. So again, your suggestion has given me pause for reflection.  As a woodworker I’ve learned the importance of ‘measure twice, cut once’.

Thanks again,

Bill