[nSLUG] New list settings for domains affected by DMARC (e.g. gmail)

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Tue Sep 7 05:43:30 ADT 2021

On Tue, Sep 07, 2021 at 04:44:58AM -0300, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> I have changed a setting in Mailman to try to fix certain domains
> hating on our list due to having DMARC policies which hate emails that
> are sent on behalf of another user (which it considers spam). GMail is
> one such domain.
>
> The new setting is what Mailman recommends for this situation and
> should correct the problem, which has been preventing our subscribers
> from GMail addresses from receiving any emails from the list. If the
> change was effective, all such subscribers should receive this, and
> subsequent emails posted to the list.

I haven't received any of my test emails on either of my subscribed
accounts (both non-gmail and gmail).  It's possible these are actually
getting through but are just delayed, or for some reason just aren't
delivered to either of these accounts, but otherwise it looks like we
still haven't resolved the whole problem yet. I'll follow up later
today with Joel on this. Further changes may be needed.

Ben