[nSLUG] Kubernetes / CNCF virtual meetup Wed Dec 15 6:30pm

Johann Tienhaara jtienhaara at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 10 17:15:14 AST 2021

Hi NSLUG folks,
I hope it's OK to post this here...
For anyone interested in Kubernetes, the final meetup of 2021 will beonline Wednesday, December 15 at 7:30pm Atlantic Time (6:30 ET):
https://community.cncf.io/events/details/cncf-cloud-native-canada-presents-end-of-year-meetup-external-secrets-operator/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsJgfHQA0SQ

It will also be our first in-person meetup since pre-COVID, held live inMontreal, QC.
I'm hopeful that, starting in early 2022, we'll be able to host live,in-person Kubernetes / CNCF meetups here in Halifax.  If you'reinterested, I would love to receive topic requests and / or proposalsfor talks!

Wednesday's talk:
External Secrets Operator:A Cloud Native way to manage your secrets
By Sebastián Gómez
Managing secrets in Kubernetes can be a cumbersome job.
How do you store and rotate your credentials currently in your project?
With External Secrets Operator (ESO for short) we leveragemulti-featured solutions like AWS Secret Manager and Vault to manageyour sensitive data declaratively and securely.
You end up with native Kubernetes secrets in your cluster, synchronizedcontinuously with your external provider.
In this presentation, we are going to talk about how a community formedaround it, based on different projects that wanted to solve the sameproblem. A new open-source central solution was developed with the helpof this community.
The first half of the talk will be us telling you this story, and the second half will be a demo of ESO in action.

Cheers and happy Linuxing, everyone,
Johann Tienhaarajtienhaara at yahoo.com / 902-448-6557CNCF Eastern Canada Slack: k8scanada.slack.com