[nSLUG] [NNTR] List membership glitches

Joel Maxwell jaymax at runbox.com
Mon Aug 30 22:15:46 ADT 2021

Hi all,

Just sending off a quick note for anyone who got an unsubscription message late last week.

It appears some sneaky bots were pretending to be gmail users, and setting off a chain of distrust between gmail and nslug.

I re-added dozens of old members, and we're now discarding erroneous messages to help avoid a repeat of these events. In case gmail is too paranoid for the next week, please abstain from replying to the list on this matter (hence the NNTR/no-need-to-reply label).

Joel.