[nSLUG] UARB Website Not for Linux?

Joel Maxwell jaymax at runbox.com
Mon Jul 20 13:32:56 ADT 2020

That site also uses JavaScipt to prevent right-clicking, and other
surface measures. JavaScript is enforced too, so you only see a scant
warning instead of typical page content when you turn off JavaScript.

Just like with that year or two in Netflix history (after
WINE+Silverlight workarounds, but before full HTML5-based DRM) when you
also needed to spoof Chrome/Chromium using that switcher plugin, the
stereotype is that we use Linux to steal stuff while we huddle - hoodie
donned - in coffee-shop corners with black-shelled laptops covered in
large stickers at our print-scorched fingertips.

Which is a rather odd impression since most distributions we use - and
even core software - fail to come with a price tag to begin with while
what is allowed/acceptable are Operating Systems and software that are
rampantly pirated in the consumer space (if it weren't for the
Microsoft tax on new PC's - even when Windows is not installed once out
the shop door - Microsoft would see almost no money coming in from the
home PC user).

But that's just my nickels worth.

--
Regards,