[nSLUG] Halifax ISPs

Dave Flogeras dflogeras2 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 12:34:19 ADT 2018

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 12:16 PM, Robin Murray <nibor.yarrum at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks all. I'm running voip so do need a bit of throughput. Techsavvy
> is the one that said they couldn't provide the service at my address.
> I have a query in to citywide.
>
> If they can't provide any service, then bell and eastlink pretty well
> have the market wrapped up. That's not good.

Citywide is an Eastlink re-seller and can service anywhere you can get
Eastlink.  I switched a couple years ago and have not regretted it; the
only times I've had connection interruptions, it would have been the same
if I were on Eastlink.

Others have reported having issues with their customer service, but I've
had nothing but good experiences.  Last time I called, it was late
afternoon, and they sent a tech out the next morning _AND_ he arrived at
the designated time which shouldn't be noteworthy, but it is with most ISPs.

Dave