[nSLUG] Halifax ISPs

Baha Baydar bbaydar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 16:10:54 ADT 2018

TekSavvy and CityWide are the only two independent ISPs I'm aware of. I
think TekSavvy offers DSL services while CityWide offers service over
Eastlink's cable system.

There may still be some dial-up ISPs kicking around, but I haven't paid
much attention to that segment of the industry since the mid 90's.

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 1:41 PM Robin Murray <nibor.yarrum at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am looking for a very basic internet connection in Halifax. I've
> googled a few lists but they are very useless and often turn out they
> don't provide the service after they click-baited me onto their sites.
>
> I was told by one that my area has "fibre only" so they couldn't
> service me. I'm wondering if by "fibre only" it means that I'm tied to
> Bell or Eastlink and paying $100/mo for a connection that I don't
> need. I'm looking for a car, not a space shuttle.
>
> Can anyone recommend a cheap service that provides, say, 2M download
> speeds?
>

> --
> Robin Murray
> Halifax,