[nSLUG] Why is ntp so terrible?

Bill Davidson billdavidson at eastlink.ca
Fri Mar 10 09:09:25 AST 2017

Well that sucks:

    --===============1566967184==

    PGRpdiBkaXI9J2F1dG8nPkkgd29yayBpbiBhbiBlbnRlcnByaXNlIGVudmlyb25tZW50IHdpdGgg
    bGl0ZXJhbGx5IHRlbnMgb2YgdGhvdXNhbmRzIG9mIExpbnV4IGhvc3RzLCBhbGwgcnVubmluZyBu

So html, using utf-8, and base64 encoded, just to send a few words of
text.  Luckily most modern mail programs can handle that without a
problem, but it is still annoying and not what I intended.  The worst
part is the second message part:

So gmail knows how to use text, it just chooses not to.  I am writing
this reply in Thunderbird.  Let me also add my previous reply here:

    Tablet not phone, but yeah.  I can't even find a place to change mail format.  Is it at least going as multi-part?  My previous was sent from the Gmail app, this one from the default email app.  For all I know the only difference is the color scheme.  I will have to look at what was sent on my desktop computer later.  Sorry about that.