[nSLUG] HP OfficeJet printer problems.

Joel Maxuel j.maxuel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 09:52:42 AST 2017

In regards to your original issue, I have encountered something similar
when I set up my HP Envy 5530, in that if the printer is sleeping, CUPS
holds the job indefinitely (device does not wake up) until printer device
is manually awakened and job released.
It's annoying, but I got an update Monday night which apparently removes
that holding behaviour.

By the way,did HPLIP go through the configuration process on install?  If
not, then you will need to find the configuration command for it to
recreate the printer.

Hope this helps.

--
Cheers,