[nSLUG] Any Perl Experience around?

Hatem Nassrat hnassrat at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 11:32:22 ADT 2017

Hatem Nassrat

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 9:54 PM, Hatem Nassrat <hnassrat at gmail.com> wrote:

> The switches to perl -lne mean something, not sure off the top, but I
> think -e is for extending regex expressions. The rest may have something to
> do with processing escape characters, not sure.

This is totally wrong, thats not what the switches mean. -e is for
expression (do'h) and -n loops over the input (I think, not sure still) and
-l is hard for me to understand let alone explain so here is the text:

*-l[octnum]*

enables automatic line-ending processing. It has two separate effects.
First, it automatically chomps $/ (the input record separator) when used
with *-n* or *-p*. Second, it assigns $\ (the output record separator) to
have the value of *octnum* so that any print statements will have that
separator added back on. If *octnum* is omitted, sets $\ to the current
value of $/
 . For instance, to trim lines to 80 columns:

I will try something out if it works will send you the regex.