[nSLUG] An invitation

Frank Geitzler frank.geitzler at ns.sympatico.ca
Sun Jun 4 18:00:41 ADT 2017

NSLUG meets tomorrow evening, June 5th.  I hope to see you there, and
perhaps we can discuss the following suggestion.

The Halifax Computer Club met this past Thursday evening at 7:00 P.M. at
Sobey's Grocery Store on the corner of North St. and Windsor St.  At
that meeting, following a hour-long (or more) presentation by Richard
Bonner on how to safely and securely enroll in and use Facebook, I
brought up the suggestion that we invite NSLUG members to meet with us,
during the summer months, as our guests.  In fact, several members of
HCC (Richard Bonner and myself, Frank Geitzler -and possibly others) are
also members of NSLUG.  All those at our HCC meeting this past week use
Linux, as well as other operating systems where necessary or convenient.
Unfortunately, not everyone can make our NSLUG Monday evening suppertime
meetings)

The suggestion was made that attendance at either (or both) clubs could
be improved by having someone prepared to present and discuss a topic
-similar to NSLUG's tech. sessions, which we can no longer hold at Dal.
HCC has the Sobey's venue booked for June, July, August, and September.
Check our meeting page at:

     http://hcc.chebucto.org/meetings.html

and our main page at:

**http://hcc.chebucto.org

Anyone can suggest a topic, and volunteer to give a presentation on it,
or ask if anyone else could do so.  Several suggested topics came up at
the HCC meeting:

     Tax Preparation Programs -are there any accepted by CRA other than
Windows programs?  It is pretty-much too late for the past tax year, but
lots of time for the current tax year.

I believe Richard Bonner said he would be willing to present again his
adaptation of the Google search facility, which he uses in his own
several websites.

I would be interested in finding out about streaming video -about which
I know nothing.

Frank Geitzler