[nSLUG] Next meeting -July 26th, 2017

Frank Geitzler frank.geitzler at ns.sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 25 12:17:45 ADT 2017

The HCC website has been updated to report that Andy will show us the
Raspberry Pi 3.  He doesn't intend for this to be a full demonstration,
but I am sure he will be able to answer questions some of us may have
about this low-cost but quite powerful computer.

Andy says:
I've had a Raspberry Pi 3 for 1.5 yrs. Yesterday I took it out of its
box and set it up as a general home computer using the Raspbain OS, a
variant of Debian. It looks about the same as the Pi 1 and Pi 2 that
were shown at previous meetings, so the looks are not very interesting.
The surprising thing about the Pi 3 is it performs OK as a ~$60
(amazon.ca) computer.

In case anyone is interested I will bring the Pi 3 to the July 26
meeting to show a couple of common applications for no more than a few
minutes. I do not intend this to be a full demonstration - we all know
what our computers do.

Frank, I will try to remember to bring the WiFi USB dongle for you to try.

--- Andy
Andrew Cornwall
cornwaab at yahoo.com

PS: posted with the Pi 3

The updated meeting page follows, and if anyone from NSLUG cares to
attend, guests are always welcome.  Bring your questions, interesting
information, and problems along.
   Frank

Image: Club Logo <http://hcc.chebucto.org/index.html> HCC

  MEETINGS SCHEDULE

For the Halifax Computer Club
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Meetings are held January through November, usually on the last
Wednesday of every month (except December).
The meetings start at 7PM in the Windsor Street Sobeys Community Room,
located at 2651 Windsor Street Halifax, NS, Canada
<https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Sobeys/@44.653109,-63.600266,15z/data=%214m2%213m1%211s0x0:0x8d0dd3eba1a24288>.

The room is wheelchair accessible. (Image: wheelchair symbol)

Wednesday, July 26th, 2017

Topics: Using a Raspberry Pi 3 as a computer -presented by Andrew Cornwall
**

      Future Meeting Dates:

  * Wednesday, August 30th, 2017 (Confirmed)
  * Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 (Confirmed)

To see previous club meetings and agendas,
visit the Past Meetings <http://hcc.chebucto.org/Past-Meetings/pm.html>.