[nSLUG] Re: Desk Top System Followup

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Sun Jul 16 16:36:28 ADT 2017

I have a relatively inexpensive little widget that will plug in to
IDE, SATA or small laptop drives.  Includes a power supply connector
running on household AC and a USB connection.  Allows running any
drive as an external USB drive.

I've only used it with IDE drives but it's configured to do SATA and
the small ones.  Has worked very well for me.  Attach orphan drive,
mount, copy contents either to my desktop HD or to a USB stick mounted
at the same time.

As I'm 75 miles out of town, you can't easily just run over here and
borrow it.  But isn't such a thing a commonplace article of commerce
available from any computer shop?

FWIW,
- Mike

                                                           /V\