[nSLUG] Executable won't execute on Debian Stretch

Jack Warkentin jwark at bellaliant.net
Sun Jul 2 16:24:53 ADT 2017

Hi Donald

D G Teed wrote:

> I thought I had read the seamonkey project was dead.
> I stopped using it awhile back when I could see it
> wasn't as stable as in the early days.

I really like its user interfaces, and the fact that it is an all-in-one
suite. I even use the composer sometimes.

> Chrome is really the only way to go in Linux, because Flash
> is discontinued for Linux, and there are still
> interfaces for products like VMware and Fortinet
> which require a bit of Flash.
>
> Really, these days with security exploits coming out
> about every second day, you want to use a browser (and plugins)
> that is well supported and frequently updated.

The problem with chrome is, it doesn't seem possible to block cookies. I
only allow cookies from very selected websites. Also, it is tied in to
Google's cloud system, which I do not want to have anything to do with.