[nSLUG] Executable won't execute on Debian Stretch

Oliver Doepner odoepner at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 16:39:15 ADT 2017

Jack,

You might have a 32bit Seamonkey on a 64bit system and Seamonkey cannot
find some libs.

See this question/answer:
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/99562/i-get-bash-no-such-file-or-directory-even-though-the-executable-is-there

I would try installing Seamonkey the apt-get way, as described on this page:
https://wiki.debian.org/Seamonkey

Alternatively, there is a Linux/x86_64 build available from here (see
contributed Builds):
https://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/

Cheers
Oliver

On Sat, Jul 1, 2017 at 1:36 PM, D G Teed <donald.teed at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 1, 2017 at 10:22 AM, Joel Maxuel <j.maxuel at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I thought Google/Alphabet took flash out of Chrome (or blocked its use),
>> around the same week Adobe started to support it for Linux again?
>>
>> https://www.theverge.com/2016/5/15/11679394/chrome-to-block-
>> flash-later-2016
>>

> http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/about/
>
> Test page shows my flash in Chrome on Debian is current.
>
> The source article they link says:
>

> We will continue to ship Flash Player with Chrome, and if a site truly
> requires Flash, a prompt will appear at the top of the page when the user
> first visits that site, giving them the option of allowing it to run for
> that site
>

> This is how it works today.  Flash asks for permission to run for each
> site.
>
> There are too many commercial uses for Flash for them to try to ban
> it quickly as deprecated tech.  People do more than
> Youtube and Facebook in their browsers.  Browsers have often
> become the platform rather than writing an application
> for an OS.

Oliver Doepner
Halifax, Nova Scotia
http://oliver.doepner.net/